ACUPUNCTURE & FERTILITY
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall
- Reduce anxiety, stress and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly decrease fertility
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility
- Regulate menstrual cycle
In a study published in Human Reproduction Journal (Vol 11, No. 6, 1996) an ultrasound was used to evaluate blood flow to the uterus during acupuncture treatments. The study found blood flow increases during treatment.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can raise the fertility potential for women by affecting the quality, quantity, balance and flow of Qi and blood. When Qi (also called Life Energy) and blood are circulating freely throughout the body, every cell, tissue and organ is properly nourished and functioning well. When this occurs, a woman’s health and fertility are increased.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine provide a safe, effective, drug-free, and natural approach to treating infertility and enjoying a healthy pregnancy. Here are a few reasons to try acupuncture and Chinese Medicine:
- An acupuncturist does not treat just symptoms and signs, but instead activates the body’s natural healing potential by treating the root causes that underly the problem or disease.
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine are completely natural. No drugs are ever used. In the Western treatment of infertility, undesired side effects and accumulated toxicity from invasive procedures and drug therapies may occur.
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can be used to strengthen, support, and balance overall health and well-being, so other fertility procedures are more effective.
- The practice of acupuncture and Chinese medicine is over 5,000 years old, and has helped millions of people become well and stay healthy.